Your school MUST use the USDE recently released Disclosure Template to provide all of the required GE disclosures for the 13/14 award year no later than JANUARY 31, 2015. The following steps and frequently asked questions will help you get this accomplished on time and keep your school compliant with the GE regulations.
1. Before accessing the template, click on the links below to view the Quick Start Guide for use with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox in printable, PDF format. It is critical that you print and read before you start! This will answer most of your questions. IMPORTANT: The template does not save any data as input by the user. For your convenience, use the screenshots in this Quick Start Guide to view the screens and prepare the necessary data before completing the GEDT data entry form.
- Quick Start Guide for use with Internet Explorer 7.0 and above
- Quick Start Guide for use with Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above
2. Access the disclosure template application: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/reg/hearulemaking/2009/negreg-summerfall.html.
3. For each GE program you will enter:
- your six-digit OPEID
- the six-digit CIP code for the GE Program
- the credential level of the GE Program
4. You will then complete the template with specific information about the GE Program, consistent with GE Electronic Announcement #25 http://www.ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/092811GEAnnounce25GEProgramDisclsoures.html
- program length
- selecting the appropriate SOC codes for the program (based on the program’s CIP code)
- the cost of the program
- information needed for the template to calculate an on-time completion rate
- median debt information
- the job placement rate, if applicable
5. Once the form is complete, the template application will generate a zip file containing the GE Program’s disclosure page, which you will host on your website.
In making the required disclosures using the GE Disclosure Template, you must prominently provide a direct link from the home page of the GE Program website to the program’s disclosure page that was generated by the disclosure template application.
Any other web page containing general, academic, or admissions information about the GE Program must also contain a prominent and direct link to the program’s web home page or to the GE Program disclosure page generated by the application.
NOTE: The information above differs slightly from earlier guidance specifying that the required GE disclosures must be displayed on the actual GE Program home page and may not be linked to another site or document. For this current disclosure process, the functionality of the required disclosure template is such that an institution must provide a link to the generated GE disclosure page for the program instead of having the disclosures appear on the program home page itself.
Please note that a unique output file must be generated for each program at the institution that is subject to the gainful employment regulations.
- Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #46
- Additional information and resources related to the gainful employment regulations—including the published regulations and Federal Register Notices, answers to frequently asked questions, and guidelines for determining which educational programs are subject to the gainful employment regulations—are available on the Department of Education’s Gainful Employment Information Page
- Send questions about the gainful employment disclosure requirements to GE-Questions@ed.gov
- For additional assistance with the Gainful Employment Disclosure Template, contact:
The Gainful Employment Disclosure Template Help Desk
Call (855) 359-3697 or (855) 359-3697 (toll-free) or email email@example.com