Beginning with the 2014-2015 FAFSA processing year on January 1, 2014, schools will be required to report the verification results of those students’ identity and high school completion status. You will use the FAA Access to CPS Online website (https://faaaccess.ed.gov) to report the verification results using a new Identity Verification Results feature. Note that this reporting is in addition to, and does not replace, normal required verification reporting to the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System.
Whom to Report
Schools must report the results as described below for any student for whom they received an ISIR with a Verification Tracking Group of V4 or V5 and for whom they requested verification documentation. Schools should only use this reporting function for students where the CPS placed the student in Verification Tracking Groups V4 or V5. It should not be used in instances where the school itself has selected the student for verification of identity or high school completion status.
When to Report
Schools will be expected to report verification results on a regular basis, with all reporting for 2014-2015 submitted within a short time after the end of the 2014-2015 award year. The Federal Register notice published annually that provides the deadline dates for the receipt of documents and other information from schools and students for the Title IV student aid programs will specify the specific deadlines for reporting these verification results for the 2014-2015 award year.
How to Report
To report the verification results of the identity and high school completion status of selected students using the manual entry option:
1. Log in to FAA Access to CPS Online, select the Identity Verification Results option from the FAA Main Menu.
2. Enter the TG Number for the Destination Point.
3. Enter the Federal School Code.
4. Select the appropriate FAFSA processing year for the student data that will be reported. The only option available at this time is 2014-2015.
5. Select Next.
6. On the “Enter Results” page, enter the SSN, Name ID (first two letters of the last name), and Identity Verification Results value for each student whose results are being reported.
For the Identity Verification Results field, choose the number for the response from the following list that best describes the status of the verification request:
1 – Verification completed in person, no issues found
2 – Verification completed using notary, no issues found
3 – Verification attempted, issues found with identity
4 – Verification attempted, issues found with HS completion
5 – No response from applicant or unable to locate
Note: If issues were found for both identity and high school completions status, use Results Code ‘3’ – Verification attempted, issues found with identity.
7. Click the Enter More Results button after each set of five records to display additional entry fields.
8. Click Submit to send the data.
9. Upon successful submission, a confirmation page will display the student verification results that were submitted. Click the Print this Page button to print a copy of the report.
The FAA Access to CPS Online website will not store a retrievable listing of records submitted using the Identity Verification Results feature. It is recommended that schools print and maintain the confirmation page for their records.
If there is a change in a student’s verification results after initial results have been submitted, the school would simply resubmit the student’s information using the same process as described above.
Beginning in April 2014, schools will be able to submit verification results by uploading a flat file to the website. This will save time over the manual entry option. An electronic announcement will be posted to the IFAP website in early 2014 explaining this file uploading feature.