The Office of Postsecondary Education maintains a website containing Q&As pertaining to the Program Integrity final regulations that were published on October 29, 2010.The high school diploma portion was recently added to this website.
Questions on this topic are divided into the following categories:
- Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma
- Checking the Validity of a High School Diploma
- Documenting High School Completion Status
- Foreign High School Diploma
In addition to the Q&As listed on this site, the following resources are also available for guidance related to High School Diploma:
- Program Integrity Issues; Proposed Rule (Page 34823)
- Program Integrity Issues; Final Rule (Pages 66887 – 66892 and 66951)
- Dear Colleague Letter GEN-12-01
- Dear Colleague Letter GEN-12-03
- Dear Colleague Letter GEN-12-09
To view the Q&As pertaining to high school diplomas, visit
http://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/reg/hearulemaking/2009/integrity-qa.html and click on the applicable topics.