While the USDE continues the process of regulating all aspects of the gainful employment provisions, including reporting requirements, eligibility metrics, and disclosure requirements, keep in mind that if your school offers GE programs you must use the Disclosure Template to meet the disclosure responsibilities under current regulation 34 CFR 668.6(b).
No later than January 31, 2015, you must update the disclosures for each of your GE programs to reflect the 2013-2014 award year using the recently released updated Disclosure Template.
Schools are encouraged to begin updating their GE Disclosure Templates as soon as possible to ensure compliance with the January 31, 2015 deadline for disclosing 2013-2014 award year information.
The updated GE Disclosure Template –
- Provides the institution name on the output screens;
- Includes an option for “graduate certificate” as a credential level;
- Has improved printing capability;
- Allows institutions with programs of different lengths, but the same CIP code and credential level, to use the bulk upload tool;
- Contains an updated list of standard occupational classification (SOC) codes that institutions may identify as associated with the program;
- Contains improved skip logic for programs with fewer than 10 program completers;
- Ensures that the output document will be accessible to individuals with disabilities (i.e., compliant with section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act); and
- Provides optional context boxes for the institution to provide additional explanations and clarifications.
To access the disclosure template application, the institution must go to the following website:
Once the form is complete, the template application will generate a zip file containing the GE Program’s disclosure page, which the institution will host on its own website.
Schools are required to prominently provide a direct link from the home page of the GE Program website to the program’s disclosure page that was generated by the disclosure template application. Any other web page containing general, academic, or admissions information about the GE Program must also contain a prominent and direct link to the program’s web home page or to the GE Program disclosure page generated by the application.
A comprehensive GE Disclosure Template Quick Start Guide is provided to assist you in using the GE Disclosure Template. If, after reviewing the Guide, your institution has any technical questions regarding the GE Disclosure Template, please contact the Help Desk toll-free at (855) 359-3697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any policy questions about the gainful employment disclosure requirements that are not answered in the Guide or on the FAQ section of the GE Information Page at http://www.ifap.ed.gov/GainfulEmploymentInfo/indexV2.html, please submit them to the GE Questions mailbox at GE-Questions@ed.gov.